- Publicly traded on the Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE.VIDA) and recently graduated to the OTCQX Best Market in the USA (OTCQX.PHVAF)
- Strong balance sheet and capital structure with over CAD $15.5 million cash, no debt, with less than 60 million shares outstanding – fully capitalized for global distribution
- Expert management team includes former senior executives from Red Bull, Proctor & Gamble, Labatt’s, Stoli Group and the former CEO of Seagram’s International
- Joint venture with top Canadian licensed producer WeedMD (TSX: WMD) for one of the first federally legal cannabis beverage manufacturing facility, new global distribution partners
- Developing best-in-class premium CBD-hemp oil infused beverages and supplements
- On track to become the first CBD food, beverage and supplement products company to cross-over into mainstream natural specialty grocery retail distribution across the USA, a channel market valued at over USD $4.1 billion
- 2017 World Health Organization Report on CBD hemp oil “safe, non-toxic, non-psychoactive and medicinal” and in January 2018 the World Anti-Doping Agency removes CBD-Hemp oil from Prohibited Substances list, making CBD hemp oil eligible for use by professional athletes for the first time in the history of competitive sports (WADA regulates Olympic, FIFA, etc.)
- Global Health and Wellness Market hits $1 trillion in 2017 (Euromonitor Report)
- Hemp-based CBD-infused products are expected to achieve growth of 700% to $450 million by 2020 (Hemp Industry Association)
- CBD (cannabidiol) market is estimated to explode from $360 million to $2.1 billion by 2020 (Hemp Industry Association)
- CBD and cannabinoids as functional ingredients in body-care and supplement categories show +300% growth year-over-year (Forbes)
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with operations offices in southern California, Phivida Holdings Inc. (CSE: VIDA) (OTCQX: PHVAF) is a premium food and beverage company that develops CBD-infused functional foods, beverages and supplements poised for global distribution. All products in the Phivida label are infused with organic, hemp-derived cannabinoids into a variety of premium foods, beverages and clinical products for everyday health. Phivida is guided by a team of Fortune 500-caliber executives focused on a new strategic portfolio of products and brands, comprehensive consumer research, new product and brand development, improved visual identity and packaging design, and a strong distribution strategy.
The company’s motto – “Celebrating Health and Wellness, in Harmony™” – underscores Phivida’s mission to lead the alternative health care sector as the benchmark standard in premium CBD-infused functional beverages and tinctures. To execute this goal, Phivida is taking advantage of positive legislative developments in the United States and has defined an elevated national route-to-market strategy across the U.S. where small regional distributors will be now be replaced with large national distributors.
Phivida’s management team includes president and CEO Jim Bailey, former president of Red Bull Canada and global chief marketing officer for Merrell Outdoors; Chief Marketing Officer Michael Cornwell, former chief marketing officer for Samsung New Zealand and the former director of marketing for Red Bull Canada; and Doug Campbell, former director of sales for Red Bull North America, who as Phivida’s chief commercial officer is tasked with driving new sales revenue growth.
Publicly traded on the Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE.VIDA) and recently graduated to the OTCQX Best Market in the USA (OTCQX.PHVAF), the company’s strong balance sheet carries CAD$15.7 million with no debt or loans with less than 60 million shares outstanding and the company is now well-capitalized to fun major mainstream distribution with a solid structure poised for long-term growth.
Using encapsulation technology, Phivida uses full spectrum CBD-hemp oil (rich in naturally occurring phytocannabinoids) converted into a water-soluble delivery format, which enhances delivery and absorption of the cannabinoids into the human body – up to an estimated tenfold.
Encapsulated CBD is infused into functional beverages, food and supplements containing a proprietary blend of phytonutraceuticals studied to target a range of health and wellness conditions. Phivida tests every product for microbials, heavy metals, pesticides, residual solvents, terpenes, and potency to guarantee less than 0.3 percent THC (tetrahydrocannabinol, the chemical compound in cannabis responsible for a euphoric high) is present.
Federally legal under the 2014 Farm Bill, CBD from Hemp Oil is a rapid growth market across the USA. When derived from marijuana, CBD remains a schedule one controlled substances, giving hemp derived CBD oil infused products a competitive advantage on regulations. On June 28, 2018, the U.S. Senate passed the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018 (i.e. the “Farm Bill), lifting the USA Industrial Hemp laws to an agricultural commodity status and effectively removed hemp from the controlled substance list.
Earlier this year, another milestone court ruling also provided significant regulatory support for the US CBD-Hemp sector. In February 2018, the Supreme Court preceded over the HIA (Hemp Industry Association) vs. DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) in a class-action suit concerning the issue of CBD extracted from hemp, and the legality of industrial hemp. In the final ruling the Supreme Court unequivocally determined that – when produced domestically under the Farm Bill – hemp (and its derivatives) are not a controlled substance.
The Supreme Court ruling also found the Farm Bill (as it relates to hemp) “pre-empts” the Controlled Substances Act. Congress has since exempted Farm Bill hemp from the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) giving the Farm Bill primary jurisdiction over the governance of the CBD-Hemp Oil industry in the USA.
The DEA further conceded it does not “seek to control cannabinoids,” and that only marijuana derived cannabinoids are governed under the Controlled Substances Act. In May of 2018, the DEA issued a formal directive to all federal agencies (e.g. US Customs and Border Patrol) stating that cannabinoids are not controlled substances unless derived from marijuana, and that the “mere presence of cannabinoids” in any product or derivative does not render it a controlled substance. The Supreme Court ruling also resulted in the mediation of a settlement in what is now the third successful HIA vs. DEA suit in over a decade.
In Canada, the Senate approval of Bill C-45 legalized the production, distribution and use of recreation cannabis – with edibles to be added in 2019. The bill will officially become law as of October 17, 2018, creating a legal framework for the production, distribution, sale and possession of cannabis across Canada including cannabinoid-infused beverages.
3 Wholly Owned Subsidiaries
- Phivida Organics Inc. offers professional-grade, wholesale, whole plant hemp oil extracts made from 100-percent certified organic hemp stalk. Phivida’s hemp oil extracts are CO2-extracted under quality assurance/clinical standards and are third-party lab tested to assure only pharmaceutical grade, cGMP certified, full-spectrum products are produced and available for sale. Phivida Organics produces hemp oil extracts that deliver nano-encapsulated cannabinoids in water soluble formulations designed to be absorbed up to 10 times faster than other oils, providing up to 400 percent bioavailability. Phivida Hemp Oil Vida+ extract products are available now online at Phivida.com.
- Phivida Nutrition blends the best of nature into CBD-infused lifestyle branded beverages including a variety of CBD infused iced teas and CBD infused flavored waters.
- Phivida Enhanced – Under the VIDA brand, CBD-infused tinctures, capsules and other supplement products are distributed to alternative health care clinics across the USA.
Phivida has signed a binding letter of intent to joint venture WeedMD Inc. (TSX.V: WMD) (OTC: WDDMF) (FSE: 4WE), a Health Canada federally licensed producer and distributor of medical cannabis, to form a joint venture focused on cannabis-infused beverages. The new joint-venture company, Cannabis Beverages Inc. (“CanBev”), plans to develop a production facility at WeedMD’s state-of-the-art greenhouse facility in Strathroy, Ontario, Canada. CanBev is on track to build and operate the first cannabis-infused beverage production facilities in Canada. The joint venture will focus on manufacturing, marketing and distribution of cannabinoid-infused beverages for the legalized medical and adult-use cannabis markets.
Management from both WeedMD and Phivida are collaborating on design and engineering strategies and site evaluations on a 610,000-square-foot, state-of-the art facility in Strathroy for the development of CanBev. As an emerging certified food grade production plant, the Strathroy facility is an ideal location and comes is equipped with extensive production infrastructure, including 50,000 sq. ft. of food production and packaging area, cold storage, loading docks, and adequate space to expand for future growth.
Phivida Organics has also entered into an agreement to carry out a pharmacokinetic (PK) study on its hemp-derived, nanoencapsulated CBD with Artelo Biosciences Inc. at the University of Nottingham, School of Medicine at the Royal Derby Hospital, England. The study will test encapsulated-CBD on healthy volunteers and measure how fast and how much CBD enters the blood stream after oral consumption with each of the different formulations developed by Phivida Organics.
Phivida has also activated distribution agreements with Asayake Inc. to become one of the first federally approved CBD-infused food and supplement brands in Japan. With first mover status achieved, Phivida now markets to an underserved, yet highly informed population of 127 million patients and practitioners. The supplement market in Japan is estimated at US$10 billion with the overall functional foods market at US$21 billion. The Asia-Pacific region is the fastest growing market for natural plant-based supplements. Phivida now plans to prepare a formal application to Japan’s Consumer Affairs Agency to register the company’s CBD-infused functional food and beverage products for approval under the country’s Food with Functional Claims regime. The functional beverage market in Japan is estimated at US$10.35 billion with a CAGR of 2.5 percent (2015-2025).
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.Phivida.com
More from PsychedelicNewsWire
PsychedelicNewsWire (PNW) is an information service that provides (1) access to our news aggregation and syndication servers, (2) PsychedelicNewsBreaks that summarize corporate news and information, (3) enhanced press release services, (4) social media distribution and optimization services, and (5) a full array of corporate communication solutions. As a multifaceted financial news and content distribution company with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, PNW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. PNW has an ever-growing distribution network of more than 5,000 key syndication outlets across the country. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, PNW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. PNW is where news, content and information converge.
For more information please visit https://www.psychedelicnewswire.com